As the General Manager of K9 Club, Troy, Mary Hansen combines her business experience and love for animals to successfully perform her duties. Especially important to her is the health and safety of each pet placed in her care at K9 Club.
Before joining the pet care industry, Mary worked in the technology industry, holding roles as Programmer, Project Manager and I.T. Director. She attended Hutchison College and Wichita State University and has a degree in Computer Science.
Mary’s passion for life is evident in the many sports and activities in which she participates, including running, cycling, mountain climbing, kayaking, playing the guitar, regularly attending Zingerman’s cooking classes and of course spending lots of time outdoors with her three Entlebucher Mountain dogs, whom she affectionately calls her “boys”. She is even a certified wine sommelier!
Pet care industry certifications include:
- Pet Tech™ Instructor – CPR and First Aid for Canine’s and Feline’s
- Merck Infectious Disease Management
- International Boarding & Pet Services Association (IBPSA) – Canine Pet Care Provider and Specialist
- Professional Animal Care Certification Council (PACCC) – PACCC Certified Professional Animal Care Provider
- IBPSA – Feline Pet Care Provider and Specialist
- FitPAWS® – Specialized Equipment Training
Mary works closely with K9 Club’s manager (a.k.a. Big Dawg), Lindsay Strait. Lindsay accompanies Mary on many of the daily tasks and this dynamic duo share the compassion and dedication that empowers the K9 Club staff…forming a powerful team. Meet Lindsay!